Dawn Career Institute is excited to announce our short-term CPR certification training program!
Accidents are sudden, and a person’s chance of surviving sudden cardiac arrest decreases 7-10% per minute without the immediate and effective response of CPR, according to recent studies.
The objective of our Basic Life Support (CPR) for Healthcare Providers training course is to provide the necessary training for you to obtain your Basic Life Support Certification and be able to perform CPR and/or use an AED in an emergency situation. Course content includes:
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway*
*This is an introduction to the compression/ventilation rate and ratio for a patient who has an advanced airway in place. For more information on advanced airways, please refer to the Airway Management Course.
While there are no specific requirements for enrollment, this basic life support training course is valuable for healthcare professionals, including nurses, students in healthcare programs, allied health professionals and others who need training in basic life support skills. Upon successful completion of the course each participant will receive an official certification card in the mail through the American Heart Association.
DCI’s CPR certification courses offered in Delaware are open to the general public and include discounts for groups of nine or more.
- $60 per person for BLS for the Healthcare Provider Course
- 10% discount for groups of 9-14
- 15% discount for groups of 15 or more
This course has been approved by the American Heart Association and is taught by a certified American Heart Association instructor. Classes are offered on Fridays from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
If you are interested in CPR training in Wilmington, DE, call (302) 633-9075.